Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Knock knock jokes?

Matt was moved to a regular room this evening and it was a bit of a mess, again, like every move he's had so far. It is a good sign, medically, that he can be moved out of the special care unit, but its always scary to get used to a new place. I'm actually going to be looking at rehab centers tomorrow and hopefully he'll get to be moving to one soon.

All day Matt has been trying to talk to us and I'm only able to make out a few things. One word he kept saying over and over all day that had lots of clicks and I couldn't make it out. Finally tonight, in the middle of the move, I could finally make it out when he said "Guess what?" so I asked "What?" and he said "Chicken butt." It was the perfect thing - we quit crying and laughed instead. Then all the clicks made sense - he'd been trying to tell me a knock knock joke all day! He says knock, knock, knock, knock a bunch of times, and he told me that Steve was there, but I can't make out anything else. So if anybody knows a knock knock joke with Steve as the punch line, let me know - it might help me decipher what he's saying!

5 comments:

  1. Well, I don't remember any knock, knock jokes with Steve in it, but I do remember the whole chicken butt thing at work many, many years ago. We thought it was cool..now my kids think it is cool..oh the irony. Glad to hear Matt is getting better. We think about you guys every day!!

    Steve and Corie Novak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keri, Jonathan Long here from Albuquerque NM. We met at Becky and Eric's in Burlington about two years ago. I am an RN and I worked at Fanny Allen Rehab in Colchester for 2.5 years before we moved out here. I would be glad to talk to you concerning rehabs etc. if you would like. Matt sounds like he might be appropriate for Fanny Rehab. They do a fine job but we should talk. Feel free to call me at 802 238 2258. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kerry. Patty and I found a few Knock Knock jokes about Steve on google:
    Knock Knock
    Who's there !
    Steve !
    Steve who ?
    Steve upper lip !

    Knock Knock
    Who's there !
    Steven !
    Steven who ?
    Steven the walls have ears !

    Knock Knock
    Who's there !
    Stevie !
    Stevie who ?
    Stevie on ?

    Hope that one of these helps!
    And if Becky hasn't mentioned it, if the Keene rehab is the best place for Matt, you are welcome to live in our place in Stoddard - 10 to 15 minutes in downtown Keene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keri!
    Barbara from Branch Out Burlington!!!
    First thank you for your posts--they are wonderful--esp since Matt is getting stronger and better. I think of Matt often and send you and Matt lots of healthy thoughts!!

    I was talking with a friend about Matt because a family member of hers, 22, just went through similar medical problems as Matt. I told her about the "chicken butt"--she said thats the whole joke:

    "Guess what?"
    (answer) "chicken butt""

    Thought I'd clear that up for you!
    Take care!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know matts steve knock knock joke but i always remember some dumb joke that matt thought was super funny....

    q: whats brown and sticky?
    a: a stick!

    the joke is so lame but it always makes me laugh..mostly because he thought it was so great :)

    spidey

    ReplyDelete